Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Haut Chocolat

So while on my recent trip to Chicago, I discovered Vosges Haut Chocolat. The first time I read the description  I had a mental picture of hot chocolate in a cup and a side of churros, instead of "Haut Chocolat" which I figure is their version of Haut Couture but for chocolate. So before even trying them I knew that I was in for something along the lines of super fancy chocolates dressed in Louboutin's and clad in Dior.


I may have been too literal but I guess the point of Vosges is to dress the cacao in one or more flavor combinations that actually work. And just like the churros with hot chocolate, I guess it's the combination of sweet and that unexpected saltiness in every bite that does the trick.

With Vosges variety of flavour combos like olives and champagne or sea salt and toasted coconut you almost get a full meal in every bite!

Is there anything as "Haut" as this over there? I'm curious to find out what the Oz version might be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a chocolate craving now and really really want to try these! Help!

    ReplyDelete